Over the years, we have seen that Erie has a need for individual skill trainers to help players develop in the sport of basketball. Throughout our training sessions, clients will learn valuable skills that will help them on and off the court. Our trainers are more than just experienced basketball players; they are future leaders of our community who are invested in youth development. Every trainer that A&K Skill Development employs has played at a certain level of basketball or coached the sport. We have a general curriculum that each trainer learns before coaching sessions, although we encourage them to retain their personalities and individual coaching styles. A&K is committed to providing high-quality basketball training in Erie, Pa, delivered in a professional manner.
Meet our Trainers
Operations Manager & Head Trainer
Southwestern Educational Society College Preparatory School (Mayaguez, PR)
- Individual Skills Trainer (four years)
- Middle School Head and Assistant Coach for Varsity & JV (St. Jude School, one and a half years)
- Various Basketball Camps (four years)
Los Angeles Lakers
“Success is not final; failure is not fatal; It is the courage to continue that counts.”
- Woodland High School (Stockbridge, GA)
- John Wood Community College (Quincy, IL)
- Gannon University (Erie, PA)
- Middle School Basketball Coach (St. Jude School, four years)
- Individual Skills Trainer (seven years)
“Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.”
David I. Blanks Sr.
- Strong Vincent High School (Erie, PA 2002- 2005)
- D2 Clarion University of PA (Clarian, PA, 2005- 2009)
- Akron Aviators (Akron, OH, 2021 - Current)
- Keystone State Camp Counselor (Slippery Rock University, five years)
- Assistant Coach D2 JUCO (Mercyhurst Northeast Campus, two years)
- Assistant Coach D2 (Clarion University of PA, two years)
- Individual Skill Trainer (four years)
Los Angeles Lakers
“The best is yet to come.”
General McLane High School (Edinboro, PA)
Individual Skills Trainer (one year)
Northeast High School (four years, varsity starter)
Trainer & Coach (two years)
“No sacrifice, no victory.”
- National Team (Great Britain)
- Division 1 (University of Buffalo)
- Division 2 (Gannon University)
- Professional Basketball Bristol Flyers (Bristol, England)
Trainer & Coach (seven years)
I don’t have one; I’m a fan of the game.
“Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.”
We offer tailor-made sessions for individuals, small groups, and teams; these sessions are focused on teaching children the fundamentals of basketball, as well as integral life traits throughout the process. We use our passion, experience, and knowledge to prepare kids’ minds and bodies for the highest level of success.
A&K Skill Development stands for attitude and knowledge. As a dedicated sports training company, we take great pride in our services knowing a great deal can be learned from sports, and we would like to pay that forward to future generations.
At A&K, we aim to develop our clients holistically using our knowledge and passion for the game of basketball. Our program demands the highest standard of behavior from members throughout the organization; this starts with our staff and resonates with our players.
GET IN TOUCH
Thank you for your interest in A&K Skill Development. We have worked with numerous children and families that have all described our services as exceptional while recommending us to friends. We hope that yours will be next.